Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic for Concealed cistern in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all .
I'm a DIY person . Quite competent . My question is : I have a plastic cistern feeding a toilet that I need to replace . I was wondering if a concealed cistern would be just a straight swap as I'm not sure of the sizes of feed pipes going into the back of the toilet . Are they a standard size for normal and concealed cisterns ? Hope that makes sense .
Thanks in advance
Darran

Hi Darran,

Some of them are different sizes on the outlets (flush pipes). How accessible is it?
Easy access to the one that's on the toilet now . Is it just a matter of measuring the outer diameter of the flush pipes on both?
[automerge]1593254985[/automerge]
Hi Darran,

Some of them are different sizes on the outlets (flush pipes). How accessible is it?
Easy access to the one that's on the toilet now . Is it just a matter of measuring the outer diameter of the flush pipes on both?

It should be, however I think they generally reduce down to 1.5” (usual standard) anyway. If you can isolate the supply (should have an isolation valve on anyway as per water regs, if not then you need to fit one - again water regs) then remove the cistern, you’ll, have a better idea of what’s required.

It should be, however I think they generally reduce down to 1.5” (usual standard) anyway. If you can isolate the supply (should have an isolation valve on anyway as per water regs, if not then you need to fit one - again water regs) then remove the cistern, you’ll, have a better idea of what’s required.
Ok thank you for your advice .

Reply to Plastic for Concealed cistern in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
I have a pneumatic concealed cistern behind a removable vanity panel. I pulled the panel off to investigate a dull knocking noise when the cistern is coming to nearly full, I haven't ascertained what this might be as yet, I wondered if it was the cold water pipes knocking (as in water hammer)...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary bathroom. In all it's a great solution for a problem location for a bathroom. However, the cistern has a typical european style side inlet pipe, and...
Replies
Views
Hi All I need to replace a concealed cistern. I need a standard size 14.5cm wide x 51cm long x 25cm deep. The pull down lever is on the right. Does any one know of the better, less problematic brands to use please? If you could let me know I would appreciate it . Thanks a lot Betty
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock