Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic-coated copper gas pipe??? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all, I came across some 8mm copper pipe /plastic coated under a gas fire today. I haven't seen this before? Is it OK to be there? (It was put in by a reputable firm local to me, whom I trust, though I'd like to know what it is).
Thanks all,
Jennie

Attachments

• IMG_2190.JPG
    IMG_2190.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2198.JPG
    IMG_2198.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 19

Reply to Plastic-coated copper gas pipe??? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to light. One has to push a lot more firmly down on the control slide to get it to light. At which point, all is fine. The pilot is good, new battery...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock