Search the forum,

Discuss Plasterer removed Radiators - one pipe has come off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

So the plasterer has removed all the Radiators from the walls.

The boiler Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 28 is showing a F22 fault - I assume this is due to the fact there is zero pressure in the CH as its been drained.

1) Do I just leave the boiler as is or switch it off ?- I do not need water as the house is being guttedn and no one is living there.

2) There is one pipe that was attached to a radiator that has come off - its about 12 inches and was just sticking out of the floor and when I moved it - it simply gave way.

When is the best time to connect the radiators back if the walls are being replastered as I am worried that the CH pipes could have been twisted and moved and may have joints that are under stress.

1. Probably best you do turn the boiler off, although it will not try to ignite for a low pressure situation.
2. Could just be a failed soldered joint, have come across a few of them, some even gas. Wait until walls have been plastered, unless pipes are buried in the wall.

Keep boiler off. Do not need to turn off water when combi boiler off.F22 indeed low pressure, look at the indicator on small lcd screed on boiler, should be pressure indicator. If you want to test system for leaks, open x2 valves for water supply. If pressure holds for an hour and do not drops you can assume there is no leak. If leaking, switch off boiler, found drain valve on radiator, put hose, drain all water, then open all air valves to let water off radiators. Keep looking at the hose, it will take about 1 hour to completly drain system/radiators.Then is it ready for repair.

1. Probably best you do turn the boiler off, although it will not try to ignite for a low pressure situation.
2. Could just be a failed soldered joint, have come across a few of them, some even gas. Wait until walls have been plastered, unless pipes are buried in the wall.

How do I switch it off- there is just a power button.

Are they refitting the radiators?

Yes

Currently the water is turned off -

IMG_1993.JPG

IMG_1994.JPG

Just push and release on the vaillant- right hand button.
Or turn it off at the spur.
Those pipes are destroyed. The floor will have t come up and the pipework fixed.

So when should I get them fixed?

Currently the plasterers are removing the old plaster and when thats done the electrician will come in to do the rewire. After the rewire they will board everything up with plasterboard and then skim.

At what stage do I get the pipes looked at and fixed?

Just a thought - the boiler seems new but the radiators seems about 15yrs old - there is nothing wrong with them - they probably need a flush and a could wipe down.

You think it is worthwhile changing the radiators? They single fin and I was thinking to save some space to replace them with double fin?

Or should I replace them with double fin of the same size - that would double their output?

You think it is worthwhile changing the radiators? They single fin and I was thinking to save some space to replace them with double fin?

To save space go bigger? I’m confused by this. If there’s nothing wrong with them, don’t fix what isn’t broken. I would suggest however when refilling to add some inhibitor.

If you’re able to access pipes under floor then yes swap say a 1200 single for a new 600 double to save wall space by all means. However do the calculation , you haven’t lived there long and that rad may have been the wrong size - don’t just do it willy nilly.

To save space go bigger? I’m confused by this. If there’s nothing wrong with them, don’t fix what isn’t broken. I would suggest however when refilling to add some inhibitor.

To save space - in one or two rooms.

I will discuss with the plasterers once the boards are on and its skimmed to pay for the cost of an engineer to come out and attach the rads and check the pipes- it will be an interesting conversation.

You are obviously doing a full modernisation of the place once the plasteres are finished treat yourself to new radiators to compliment the new , isolate the boiler and water supply to it . Kop

The water supply has been isolated and the boiler switched off. I am going to go round and seal the pipes with tape as I don't want any dust get into the pipes (some may possibly have already?)

I have decided that its going to be nicer as you suggested to buy new radiators.

As it's not something I budgeted for I will go for type 21 rads from Screwfix unless people suggest otherwise.

Reply to Plasterer removed Radiators - one pipe has come off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock