Search the forum,

Discuss Planning Permission for Biomass (and other Flues) on commercial installations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
Probably one for MissPlumb this :)

Reading the permiited development rights (The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (England) Order 2012 ) http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/748/pdfs/uksi_20120748_en.pdf

The way I read it that only flues for systems <45kW are allowed as permiited development and anything else needs planning permission (this ties up with the 45kW Th orginanl 'Microgeneration' definition)

So my question - do you check wether the clinet has planning permission, do you advise them it's nescessary, do you chek they have it, or do you just install?

Under the RooFit system for large scale solar you have to submit details of the planning approval with your application - is the same true for Commercial Biomass ?

Thx

Personally, I'd advise but not take any responsibility for it being in place. The property owner is responsible for planning applications rather than the one installer. That said, you have a duty to advise them as best as possible on any issues where known.

If if the customer decides to ignore then so be it.

we do advise our clients that any planning applications are down to them, but saying that, all our boiler plantrooms are new buildings and as such are subject to planning approval anyway, and we do provide the client with flue design drawings with heights, sizes, etc to form part of their planning application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Planning Permission for Biomass (and other Flues) on commercial installations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock