Search the forum,

Discuss Piping to replace Twin Entry Valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - I have the (apparently) dreaded twin entry valve radiators. I really would like to get rid of my immersion heater (to make additional room in a new bathroom) so I believe I can't have a combi boiler with these old twin entry valves. So I would like to re-route the outlet valve (that goes to the other side of the radiator) behind the radiator. I'm ok for upstairs as it's all floorboards but I have concrete floors downstairs. I have attached images of the pipe. For the pipe on the right hand side then I need to route it back towards the wall and then put a 90 degrees turn on it to route along the back of the radiator. Can anyone help please on how I would do that so it doesn't look to clunky - or should I just give up on the whole thing. I had thought about moving the immersion into the loft but I've read that's not such a good idea. And actually I like the idea of a combi boiler but I just need to sort out these pipes (I may get new rads also but I'd still have the same issue with how to re-route the pipe. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_4669.jpg
    IMG_4669.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4670.jpg
    IMG_4670.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 6
The only really good way other than running it on the skirting is to lift the floor boards up and adjust it there

if your thinking of going for a combi get the heating engy to quote you for this change make sure you say where you want it eg under the floor etc

Reply to Piping to replace Twin Entry Valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
I want to replace a radiator that has a drain valve. Do I need to replace like for like and keep the drain valve in or can I replace with a thermostatic valve?
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock