Search the forum,

Discuss Pipework to put a washing machine in the the garage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I want to put the washing machine in the garage but will need to do the pipework. The only water pipe going into the garage is the one for the combi boiler, which is also in the garage. Would it be ok to come off the water pipe for the boiler?

Thanks for reading

Yes, but dont forget the drainage from the waste .
You can get water to any appliance, its getting the waste water away thats generally the problem

Yeah, no drainage, so thinking about using a large water butt then using is to water the plants with. Only use the WM about once a week so won't be much waste.

Yeah, no drainage, so thinking about using a large water butt then using is to water the plants with. Only use the WM about once a week so won't be much waste.

That's likely to be one very smelly water butt after a few weeks once a biofilm has had a chance to get going and start making hydrogen sulphide.

Not much of a gardener myself, but won't the washing machine waste water be full of detergents and chemicals and stuff that plants do not like. Can't be healthy for them!

The Royal Horitcultural Sociey website implies that the water from rinse cycles is okay but that the water from washing cycles is not. Probably depends on the plants. I have a small patch of alpines, which are pretty fussy, so I don't even risk tap water on them.

Reply to Pipework to put a washing machine in the the garage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock