Search the forum,

Discuss pipework replacement - good/bad idea? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodenhousejen

Hi,

I am upgrading a house (wooden frame, wooden clad, brick base - old forestry style).

The plumbing and heating needs replaced (currently electric emersion and open fire back boiler).

The pipe work that is in is 8mm external diameter.

I know the current trend is to increase the bore of pipe work.

Would it be worth the time and financial investment to replace the small bore I currently have with an increased pipe bore?

Any advice and/or peoples thoughts about this would be greatly appreciated.

J :)

PS not sure of the lingo so if the above is unclear please ask for more detail....

It is probably junked up so if you are doing a major overhaul worth while. By the time you butcher it about to alter it, it would of been easier and quicker to fit whole new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipework replacement - good/bad idea? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I live in a small 2-bed bungalow, with a relatively new Worcester Greenstar 30Si Compact combi boiler running 7 radiators. The radiators and micro-bore pipework are about 18 years old, having been installed just prior to me moving in and with a previous boiler. Current boiler is 2.5...
Replies
Views
E
Hi Guys, I need some advise for a quote I have recently been given as I suspect it may be too high but wanted to check with people who know what they're talking about. I recently moved into a 1920's style house and decided to get a service done on my boiler due to everything seeming pretty...
Replies
Views
A
Hi – There are actually four questions I’m hoping you can help with – shown at the end of the post. In my living room even with the radiator on full blast pretty much all the time (and scorching to the touch), the room is never what you’d call cosy. It has one radiator at the door (600mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock