Search the forum,

Discuss Pipework from a danesmore condensing boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

Work was undertaken in 2017 in which pipework from a new condensing boiler was routed through an external wall and then connected to the existing pipework of the underground copper oil feed pipe.
Should the system be pressure tested after completion.
If so, would it be tested at the oil feed pipe near to the oil tank or at any other location.
Ta very much
Baz

Depends on the installer some might others may not why do you ask ?

Ideally submerged oil supply lines should be pressure tested every 5 years. This would be done by isolating the tank and connecting a tester with the other end breaching the surface capped off.
I must point out though that not all oil installers or service technicians are thorough and pressure testing often doesnt get done.
As mentioned above why are you asking? If you genuinely suspect a leak then i would isolate the fuel at the tank and have a suitably experienced engineer check for you.

Reply to Pipework from a danesmore condensing boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for a plumber to pipe up Rayburn to an R type neutraliser (and alter pipework to connect existing oil boiler). Job in SG8 OQE. The job is fairly straightforward with reasonable access for pipework in roof void. Cylinder might need raising on a platform which I will build (I'm a chippy)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off with a Reillo cover plate to stop vermin getting into the open fan motor.If is blanked over will need a further combustion test to confirm adequate...
Replies
Views
hi. anyone used one of these before.. need to connect a hose from a condense pump to a w/c pan connector..these are for connection to soil pipe so im wandering if the wall of the pan connector maybe too thin?..best option is change pan connector to one with a boss on it but the toilet is stuck...
Replies
Views
UK 6
I wish to add a second boiler to my existing meter. Location 20m away. Underground run. Can l use 32mm yellow pipe with copper tails at each end. Thank you in advance
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock