Search the forum,

Discuss Pipes vibrating when shower, toilet, washing machine used? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

We have had an issue with our system for a few weeks now, the pipes judder and vibrate behind the wall, where the bathroom sink is. We have had a Megaflow system taken out and replaced with a Combi this week, and I had expected the noise and vibration to go aware.

Its kind of got worse.

If you turn on the ensuite shower one side of the house, toilets flushed or the washing machine starts to fill up in the kitchen the vibration in the main bathroom is now constant, plus also the hot water tap in the bathroom starts to run, not alot but more than a drop for sure.

If you turn that tap then the noise and vibration stops. Actually sometime if you turn other taps, but 100% that one.

I've been told the problem might actually be the tap in the bathroom itself? It's a very basic hot and cold tap separate set up, not a mixer.

The taps are very similar to these:

Any thoughts, would very much appreciate some advice? Thanks.

Pipe noise is sometimes difficult to pinpoint. Check for the toilet fill valve, pipes clipped, and velocity - with an unvented cylinder, you’d have likely had a pressure reducing valve.

Reply to Pipes vibrating when shower, toilet, washing machine used? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock