Search the forum,

Discuss Pipes attached to rafters in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

CluelessPunter

We're having the loft converted at the front of our house, and the plumber has routed the new water and central heating pipes via the rafters in the back loft (which isn't being converted). He's wrapped some insulation (looks like TopSleeve) round them and assures me it'll be fine. I'm worried the pipes will freeze in winter. Should I ask him to re-route the pipes to underneath the loft insulation? Or am I worrying unnecessarily? I live in London.

Best to insulate them I’m guessing there too close so might be worth building an insulated boxing

Any heated or cold water pipework outside your living space should be insulated individually you definitely shouldn't insulate hot and cold pipework together . Kop

They’re separately insulated with foam (not TopSleeve as I mentioned before - that’s somewhere else). So nothing to worry about, then?

Attachments

• EEEBD146-E690-413C-B6EF-D0112F5CA261.jpeg
    EEEBD146-E690-413C-B6EF-D0112F5CA261.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 12
I would want thicker insulation on them tbh 25mm should be fine

Reply to Pipes attached to rafters in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock