Search the forum,

Discuss Pipefitter/Welder wanting to move into domestic plumbing/heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbbs

Hi, just after a bit of advice really. I am struggling to understand how i can become gas safe registered. To do this i need to evidence gas installations i have worked on but i am not allowed to work on gas with out being gas safe registered. Can i work under the supervision of a gas safe registered installer to gain this evidence?

Hope someone out there can shed a bit of light on this for me.

Many thanks

JBBS

Are you doing a portfolio? And it it at Colege,or a training Center?

I will be using a training centre, although I have not decided on 1 yet as costs vary quite significantly. I am based in West Yorkshire so anyone with any advice in regards to that will be greatly received

You will need to work with a GSR engineer. I renew my gas safe in Thirsk. But did it a few years ago in Barnsley.

You either need a portfolio as you have discovered or a company that will take you on as an employee under their gas registration it is that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipefitter/Welder wanting to move into domestic plumbing/heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing system. Plumbing, like most trades, seems to have two main aspects; design and installation. The installation part on my last two projects was painful...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am a junior plumber based in South East London (Zone 1), but can get to most areas quite easily. In terms of Qualifications I have completed level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating with 1 years experience working as an emergency response engineer primarily carrying out maintenance...
Replies
Views
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed up in my work for so long that I’ve enrolled to do my gas safe and become an engineer. I know it’s hard work but I’m really excited and I’d love to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock