Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe work under kitchen sink in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

This is how our Builders’s plumber has installed the pipe work under our kitchen sink. It is at the front leaving little room for storage, the dishwasher is connected, it’s an old cabinet that has been moved forward into our new extension until we can afford new units. Is this how it should look as there is much less space than before? Thank you,
Anna

Attachments

• F5241F0E-2723-4550-BA33-D73868F80B82.jpeg
    F5241F0E-2723-4550-BA33-D73868F80B82.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 75
This is how our Builders’s plumber has installed the pipe work under our kitchen sink. It is at the front leaving little room for storage, the dishwasher is connected, it’s an old cabinet that has been moved forward into our new extension until we can afford new units. Is this how it should look as there is much less space than before? Thank you,
Anna
That blue pipe looks a bit kinked to me. That could create a problem.

I presume they were told this is short term, as that looks very temporary and not done by a real plumber.
I suspect the builder cobbled it together to tide you over.

I presume they were told this is short term, as that looks very temporary and not done by a real plumber.
I suspect the builder cobbled it together to tide you over.
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately this is the finished product. I was wondering if building control would pass it off at the end but I don’t suppose they inspect the plumbing.
Appalling. Best to remove all the drainage pipework and replace with McAlpine fittings. Probably WM11 to start with.
Thank you for your reply, this is just one of many things I’m concerned about with our builders 😞

Was it done in 20 mins? Agree with Ben-gee, looks like the builder may have done it, or Plumber was paid peanuts? No thought has gone into that, imo.

Having had some later replies, I’ve just re-looked at the original photo and the socket faceplate needs securing back as well before it becomes a problem.

Reply to Pipe work under kitchen sink in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock