Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe slice worming/threading? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought brand new 15mm pipe slice an every time it's worming/train tracking/threading, don't know the technical term everyone says a different word for it but basically doesn't cut the pipe just leaves lines an travels up the pipe. Do U know how to fix this. Put new blades in, grease, wd40 but keeps happening, anyone know the cause of it?

Na not anythin to do with the copper, happens on any. And Ye definitely shouldn't be doin it on a new cutter. Was forced to buy a rothernburger and hasn't worked since day one, left it too late to give back now.

So when this happens is to do with the wheel? Not being sharp enough or? What is it that causes a cutter to do this?

usually cos the wheel is knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe slice worming/threading? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hi I've read through dozens of threads on here about unvented systems but was wondering if someone might provide some advice on an upgrade we are planning as part of a bathroom refurb Current Setup: Gravity fed system with cold water tank in the loft and hot water tank in the hot press (1st...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a newer stopcock just above) as it had been leaking from several places, mainly at the bottom where it joined the 3/4" threaded female end on rising main...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock