Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe Sizing help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Ive just landed a job on a office block and could do with a bit of advise with sizing the CH riser. Ive got a 5 story building each floor has a heating manifold feeding 5 rads (2.5kW each) . Boiler is to be installed in the basement middle of building directly below risers. Previous plumber had started to install the rads and manifolds all in MLC and clients wants to keep this throughout the building. Any advice or guidance on working out pipe and pump sizes would be great.

Thanks

Joe

would say 35mm risers and pump spec speak to either grundfos or dab they will normally size them for you

One common riser or is there a riser for each floor?

Absolutely nothing, Im thing he was making it up as he went along.

Sounds like you are in the same boat - no offense.

If you are incapable or not confident in doing the pipe sizing, go to a manufacturer and have them size the system for you.

The job sounds like it will cost you your livlihood if you get it wrong.
Get someone to design it for you and if it goes pearshaped from there on, at least you've got someone to sue.
Most manufacturers will stand by their designs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe Sizing help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am repiping my radiators with pex al pex, manifolds. 2 zones one 4 rads and one 2 rads. I will have the circulator pumps on the return. The picture is sorta what I am going for My questions are: where should I install my expansion tank? what else should I have/add into the piping? if...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
R
Greetings, esteemed community members, I find myself in possession of a remote and highly inaccessible plot of land, devoid of any utilities. On this land, there exists a well housing a 10-year-old pump that has never been utilized. I intend to conduct a thorough test using a portable...
Replies
Views
Got an underfloor heating to install and Ive done a few repairs on manifolds etc but this is the first design and install for me. Advice and tip requested. The job is a kitchen extension with under floor heating this .will be added to the existing rad heated house. The new heated areas will be...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock