• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Pipe size and advice in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Brendon Bradshaw

Reaction score
I am moving a radiator 4m across a single story extension. I haven't got access to the roof and I have a concrete floor. I am happy to route the pipe around the wall which would mean a pipe run of 6m. Should I use 22mm pipe or 15 mm. If I went across the floor it would be 4m but ruin the floor covering. I have a combi boiler. I am thinking of using copper and solder ring fittings. Any advice appreciated

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
What is it currently fed in? How many rads on existing system? What KW rating boiler do you have?

OP
B

Brendon Bradshaw

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It is currently fed in 15 mm, 8 radiators and it is an Ideal mini logic 30 (I think) Pardon me as I am on a bus to look at precise model. There are 22 mm pipes in the system but all radiators are fed in 15mm

Craig Watson

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It is currently fed in 15 mm, 8 radiators and it is an Ideal mini logic 30 (I think) Pardon me as I am on a bus to look at precise model. There are 22 mm pipes in the system but all radiators are fed in 15mm
If your just moving the current radiator then extending the existing 15mm pipes in 15mm will be fine.

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Hello Brendon, so moving that radiator using existing 15mm pipes and extending in 15mm shouldn’t give you any issues, providing the system is balanced correctly.

Cheers,
Chris.

Edit: Craig Beat me to it :p

OP
B

Brendon Bradshaw

Reaction score
The radiator is a type 22 2200mm x 400mm and the radiator has been hot at the top and cooler at the bottom in the past

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
That will be fine on 15mm as I expect it is about 2kW; take this opportunity to flush the rad out with a hose pipe- might help it heat up evenly (do this outside!)

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom