Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe leaking please help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I’m a real idiot when it comes to diy stuff. Just a young kid who bought first house so trying to figure things out on my own. My plastic white pipe is leaking that comes from the boiler. Do I just buy some new pipe to replace?
BEB99CA8-26A9-418B-8313-8A633E579C9D.jpeg

Hi. I’m a real idiot when it comes to diy stuff. Just a young kid who bought first house so trying to figure things out on my own. My plastic white pipe is leaking that comes from the boiler. Do I just buy some new pipe to replace?View attachment 46209
Is the leak coming from the elbow( that connection where you have wedged the tissue) or is it coming from above and running down the pipe.
Also that horizontal pipe looks deformed,or is it just the way the pic is taken?

I would guess that the horizonal pipe is falling back and collecting at the elbow as there only push fit (could be glued) will not take must pressure you could try to pull apart and shorten the one coming down then refit elbow and make a fall to go outside (could also be a blockage causing elbow to leak.

I would guess that the horizonal pipe is falling back and collecting at the elbow as there only push fit (could be glued) will not take must pressure you could try to pull apart and shorten the one coming down then refit elbow and make a fall to go outside (could also be a blockage causing elbow to leak.
They are not push fit connections.They are solvent weld 😏

I replaced the horizontal pipe and shortened the vertical one a little and added a new bend thing. But it’s still leaking from somewhere. The pipe at the top does feel wet but it’s not coming from where the pipe is connected to the boiler. Don’t no what to say really

It's a condensate pipe by the looks of it. Drains condensation from the boiler. The modern condensing boilers are so efficient that the flue gasses actually fall to a temperature at which they revert to a liquid state.

While you might just replace it, I would not advise you do so because, depending on the boiler and how it is installed, condensate pipes installed incorrectly can sometimes result in issues with flue gasses leaking into the house.

In the name of safety, because I'm not there to look at the installation and the boiler installation guide, I'm going to have to go for the correct answer being that this needs attention from a Gas Safe registered gas installer. Sorry if this isn't a great help.
[automerge]1605261618[/automerge]
They are not push fit connections.They are solvent weld 😏
Though lots of people like to use them as if they were push fit :rolleyes:

Reply to Pipe leaking please help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock