Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe insulation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been asked to insulate 50mm mdpe pipe which is going through a factory half way up the walls. They've been told to cover it specified by the water byelaws (Scotland), it's mainly to protect against UV light. I've got a guide book from Scottish water, but it mainly tells you about copper pipe in a household. Any suggestions?

if it is blue MDPE it needs to be potected from uv rays but if it is black MDPE uv ray do not affect it ,also it needs to be insulated to stop undue warming of the cold water

Hi, sorry, forgot to mention it was blue pipe. My question is; what type/thickness of insulation? there's so many different types. Some of the pipe is 32mm and some 50mm I emailed scottish water who then sent me a leaflet, but that wasn't what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe insulation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock