From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss pipe freezing machine?? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Your only making a plug the water will expand back to the system

yes you will be fine you need to be at least a foot away from the plug tho and keep the machine running

Bogart

Bogart

Your only making a plug the water will expand back to the system

yes you will be fine you need to be at least a foot away from the plug tho and keep the machine running
Thanks for the prompt reply I suddenly thought that here I am trying to freeze a pipe then not far away heating it up.
Will order it now.

S

steadyon

Some things you might like to consider (Rofrost):
1. The Rothenberger instructions suggest waiting until temperature shows -30. Takes 15 to 20 minutes on 15 mm pipe.
2. I personally wouldn't solder closer than 450 mm (18") to a freeze plug.
3. If using on plastic pipe, tie the freezer head on with a bit of string as well. Plastic can deform as you tighten the head, leaving it a bit loose.
4. If freezing close to a compression fitting, get all the water between freezer head and fitting out as soon as the plug forms. Otherwise the residual water freezes and makes it difficult to get the fitting back together before defrosting.
5. Wear gloves. I have, only once, got mild frostbite from struggling to get a frozen pipe back in place with the freezer head still attached.

Reply to pipe freezing machine?? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads