Search the forum,

Discuss Pet owners, pet owners please. in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Just a quick vox pop, as a dog, cat or sheep owner (Shaun) what's your view or experience of attending your vet?

Do you think they are blood sucking mercenaries just waiting to push treatments and do a wallet biopsy or do you see them as angels in disguise because they treat your beloved? My vet is probably going to jail after being found guilty of conspiracy to defraud and yet he's been brilliant and generous to me and my animals over the years. I couldn't have asked for a better vet and Ive been asked to write a letter to the sentencing judge, the details will probably spill into the news after sentencing so I wont provide any details but let me know what you think of your vet and the service he or she provides. Ive known no other vet for twenty years so it would be good to get another perspective. Thanks.

Just a quick vox pop, as a dog, cat or sheep owner (Shaun) what's your view or experience of attending your vet?

Do you think they are blood sucking mercenaries just waiting to push treatments and do a wallet biopsy or do you see them as angels in disguise because they treat your beloved? My vet is probably going to jail after being found guilty of conspiracy to defraud and yet he's been brilliant and generous to me and my animals over the years. I couldn't have asked for a better vet and Ive been asked to write a letter to the sentencing judge, the details will probably spill into the news after sentencing so I wont provide any details but let me know what you think of your vet and the service he or she provides. Ive known no other vet for twenty years so it would be good to get another perspective. Thanks.
It is a fact that vet services are expensive. However there is no animal health service or animal hospitals like the NHS have so vets have to invest in maintain and improve a wide range of costly
gear at each vet clinic. Their training takes 5 years. As you feel strongly then there is everything correct in you contributing to the sentancing judge's information. I think its a waste of public money for highly qualified people to be incarcerated thereby wasting their talents when they could be directed back into the community. centralheatking

It’s one of them you do get some good ones but you also get some money sucking ones who want over the odds for non required tests

they all seem to charge over the odds like 3-400 for an x ray minimum

A good vet is the same as a good plumber/heating engineer. For life, not just for christmas.

Our local vets are terrible which is why we travel 20 miles to a good one.

Also the local one is busy so not everyone shares my views on them.

It's all to do with your own personal perspective and dealings with them.

The vets I use are good but I share a similar view as you, they charge ridiculous money for tests that aren't needed. Example my Labrador collapsed a couple years ago so I rushed him to the vets, 24 hours there and all manner of tests cost £698, yes he is insured and any dog I have again will be but that was ridiculous money for what they said in the end was exhaustion and dehydration, I must add he had been in a kennel for the first time due to moving house and didn't like it and stopped eating and drinking. He'll never go to a kennel again and I will continue to use my vets because they are good but I do share the view they charge an arm and a leg.

Herin doors ( in to orses ) loves her vet and speaks very highly of the practice.

All I see is £££££££££££££££ signs , but it keeps her happy so that will do for me

Thanks all, more comments welcome.

Yeah I've been lucky with my vet as he does or recommends only what's required. My Mrs was concerned so I took our mutt to see him because his eyesight is failing as he's getting on a bit.

He knows he can be straight with me and said after examination "what are you worried about he doesn't have to read anything!!" Told it how it was as preventative surgery risky and said that the dog would compensate which is fine by me.

Once I took the mutt in late after another dog had split his head open with a stray tooth. Small opening but stapled him up and said you can take these out after 10 days? Sure I said, I have a fine collection of Knipex pliers to do the job. Didn't charge me, no bother.

I agree with all the above ....I think looking at your post it would seem to be you are being asked for a form of character reference so perhaps state "That in your personal opinion etc etc hope that helps......regards Turnpin

Reply to Pet owners, pet owners please. in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock