Search the forum,

Discuss Persistent leak to washing machine inlet hose! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richardjohnashe

Hi

I'm completely new here! I'm being driven mad by an unfixable leak between the water valve and my washing machine inlet hose. I've replaced every bit that could affect it and I'm still getting a leak where the inlet hose screws onto the valve.

I've tried PTFE tape which only slows down the leak. So I'm wondering if anyone can please give me some help on this. I really don't know what else to do. I'll try plumbers mate in the morning though I'm doubtful if that will work!

picture of it all can be seen here - https://goo.gl/photos/VzPZUXnZU6du3oWi7

thanks

richard

Either the flat edge of the valve is damaged or the washer in the washing machine hose is worn. I'd replace the hose. FYI you don't need PTFE on the olive end of the valve either

No ptfe needed, worn washer in the hose maybe disassemble & try again, don't over tighten, hand tight normally enough

Thanks for super quick reply! The hose is brand new along with the valve and copper pipe and compression nuts! I'll take the PTFE tape off as it isn't working anyway.

Anything else I can do/check!

Thanks

As mentioned. Damaged flat edge on valve also have you tried removing the blue plastic tap as sometimes these prevent the hose screwing all the way on

Thanks Riley,

Nothing looks damaged so I'll try removing the tap tomorrow eve and see if that works. I really appreciate the advice! Thank you!

Sometimes the plastic nut doesn't do up enough onto the WM valve so add an extra rubber washer and see if that helps, failing that check the nut isn't cracked!!

Sorry for delay in getting back. Just to update. I removed all the PTFE tape and put the inlet hose back on tightening it as much as possible and the washer must be making a better connection as the leak has stopped.

I've kept an eye on it over a few days now and there isn't a drop escaping from it :)

So thank you to everyone for the advice.

Rich

Thanks for the update Rich ....and welcome to the forum's....regards Turnpin:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Persistent leak to washing machine inlet hose! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, First off, sorry if this is appearing in the wrong place, but I figure I might get some unbiased opinions on here and perhaps some first hand experience too. I've had bad experiences with dishwashers breaking down, leaking and flooding in the past, albeit they were commercial...
Replies
Views
Straight
S
Hi! Sorry we are first time buyers! So May be a stupid question! The water hose for our new washing machine doesn’t fit the water inlet? (Photos attached). It screws on but not all the way, and if I open the valve it sprays water everywhere. Do I need a connector or something? Any help/advice...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Hi, Forgive my inexperience, I'm a first time buyer and unfamiliar with anything plumbing related. We had a washing machine delivered today and the supplier was unable to hook it up as the tap for the water inlet hose was so close to the wall that the wings on the connector on the inlet hose...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock