Currently reading:
Permissible drop and TT

Discuss Permissible drop and TT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kirkgas

Just to start a wee debate cause the telly is crap, this came up in college and caused a few comments,the scenario is: existing system existing appliances U6 meter, 22mm pipe, 2mb drop over 2 mins, no smell, no issues etc
The question is "MUST YOU ISOLATE THE APPLIANCES TO CONFIRM IF THE LEAK IS ON THE APPLIANCES AND NOT THE CARCASS SO YOU CAN LEAVE IT"
I want your opinion on what you must do, NOT on what you think is better, eg some say its better to isolate the appliances to confirm its not on the pipes,
My interpretation from IGE/UP/1B is
new install with or without appliances or existing install with no appliances then no drop allowed, or if the installation is existing with existing appliances and the drop is less than the table max permissible drop then the installation passes the test, therefore no further action required
Discuss

Just to throw one out there,

On a cloudy day you bring your manometer to 20mb, it sunny and rises 2mb, the cloud comes over and drops 3mb, or you raise your manometer to 20mb whilst it is cloudy, it drops 2 mb, then the sun comes out and raises it by 3mb??

Do you define that a leak or not??

Throw a dust sheet over the exposed pipework.....
or a pair over the lpg bottles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Permissible drop and TT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock