Search the forum,

Discuss Permanently hot radiator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Am I correct in thinking that in our central heating system one radiator has to be permanently on? We have a radiator in a bathroom that is constantly drawing from the boiler and is constantly hot. It doesn't have a control on. I think I understand that a radiator needs to be open but if we put a valve on it could it be open on a low setting rather than being on top heat permanently?

Why is your boiler always on?
It's a combi boiler it's always on to heat the hot water when a hot water tap is used. By "on" I don't mean permanently fired up heating something but it does fire up to heat that single radiator far more often than necessary and seemingly unrelatedly to whether any hot water taps have recently been run. In general though, the rest of the system is run by a Tado system and all radiators set to 18' which means at present it's effectively not on, but on standby for the central heating.

Combi boilers create instantaneous hot water via a plate to plate heat exchanger. Not the same pipe circuit as your radiators. So no there should definitely be no reason for a radiator to be on all the time. Unless:

There is a boiler fault

You have a faulty Tado radiator head on that radiator. Swap one of the heads and see if it persists. Is the radiator actually somewhere that is colder than 18°c most of the time and this is causing the Tado head to call for heat.

Your Tado has not been set up properly

Reply to Permanently hot radiator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock