Search the forum,

Discuss Perfect Pump Valves - Williams & Co. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Had to replace the c/h pump in a house I rent out this afternoon.
The original red handled gate valve type in there have always been a bit temperamental so chose to replace them with the Perfact Pump valves Ray sent me. As they're in a house I own I will be able to update on here if there are any issues. The system was due for a flush/refill with new inhibitor anyway so did a bit of an M.O.T. on it today. As I mentioned when I first got them - the valves appear very sturdy and the handles are stiff compared to others but after a couple of turns they seemed to free up nicely.
The fact that they have copper olives in is always a plus for me, I don't like having to gorilla up brass ones, and the rubber seals may or may not help reduce a little noise from the cheap pump I installed ;) Not sure how much these retail at but if they're not much dearer than their equivalents I would fit them again just for how sturdy they feel.
I will post up here if they explode in the near future but I doubt they will.

Re: Williams & Co product review thread

Perfect pump valves

I finally managed to get these fitted this afternoon, to replace some screwdriver type valves which were leaking along with a seized pump. The reason I used these was because of where the pump had been sited, low down in a 'dirt trap' in a very awkward position.

They were unfortunately a bit longer than the previous valves, although they appear to be the same length as gate valve type valves. I liked the rubber washers supplied although chose the grundfos standard issue as I have used these before with no problems.

The handles on the valves made it a little awkward to get a grip on them when nipping up, although as said before, the position they were they fitted to was far from ideal.

copper olives supplied which I prefer, good quality valves and nylon coated ball valve so should hold up well.

unfortunatly the test of time is the biggest factor to consider, so unable to comment so early.

Would I buy them? Possibly on a job with a bigger budget, probably not competitively priced for general work though, especially when it is unlikely you will rep the rewards when the pump needs replacing in years to come.

Thanks for the valves Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Perfect Pump Valves - Williams & Co. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff myself rather than getting contractors in, wherever possible, not just for cost, but also because I want to learn (a useful life skill surely!) I'll...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single one-bedroom flat. The mains pipe bringing water into my top-floor flat is 15mm copper pipe. There is a water meter in the flat and a stop valve. There is...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Recently our house central heating always turned on in the morning (and in the evening of course), but this morning, Saturday, we got up late without turning it on yet, about 9:20ish I heard the pump was making noise! About 9:29ish the noise stopped.---This is to say, boiler not turned...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock