Search the forum,

Discuss Paying tax for hiring an apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jon7654

Hi all,

Being self-employed, would you pay national insurance for hiring a level 3 apprentice?
Does the gov offer any sort of relief to encourage people to hire apprentices?

Cheers!

Hi there, hope this helps. Apprentices and trainees are employees for tax and super purposes. This means if your business engages an apprentice or trainee, you will need to treat them as an employee and meet the required pay as you go (PAYG) withholding, super and fringe benefits tax (FBT) obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paying tax for hiring an apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find an apprenticeship. I'm based near Tadcaster, North Yorkshire (between Leeds and York). Does anyone know anybody that might want to take me on as an...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Hawkeye Plumbing LLC, a small, local, and established plumbing company in Burleson TX is looking to hire licensed plumbers and apprentices to join our team. We specialize in residential and commercial service and repair of sewer, water and gas systems, we are hourly, so theres no worries about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a Queensland Police Officer that's considering packing it in to pursue a trade. I like the problem solving aspect of plumbing and think I'd be good at it. I've done a lot of home renovations but admittedly only minor plumbing repairs. After a decade in policing I just don't have a...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock