Search the forum,

Discuss Pay good money for a good job! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people wanted to pay good money for a good job . . .

My quotes are now high, and I have a - 'if you want it done properly, you will pay good money to get it done right' - attitude!

This is how much it costs to do it properly - and of course you can get it done cheaper/bodged up as well!

Someone once said to me about jobs:

Good - cheap - quick

You can have only two of these (most people want all three, which is impossible!)

We quoted for a job last week . Labour only . Unvented cylinder , long run for TPR , s plan from an electric boiler .
All rad pipes already in but need connected to a manifold/pipework .
The guy that got it £300 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wished him good luck ! I never drop my price now

cheep,cheep,cheep,is what most custs want today,quality is a thing of the past IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pay good money for a good job! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant condensing boiler. I currently have a vented set up. A couple of plumbers said this could work. Will the feed and expansion tank for the central...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry bit of an odd query here. With the increases in energy costs now and in the future we are trying to find any way to reduce our exposure (retired couple on fixed incomes). We are fortunate enough to have bought solar panels at the beginning of the year but as we head towards winter the...
Replies
Views
We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to have a good water pressure there. What we want, is to either be able to run multiple showers at once, or if one person is having a shower, other...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water cylinder installation. It was my first time installing an UHWC by myself as I've recently started my own business. Before I started the job I realised that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock