Search the forum,

Discuss Passed my f gas! in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Timmy D

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone else do both natural gas and refrigeration? Any tips?

Maybe we could have a f gas forum?

Nope the only way I was looking at doing was for heat pumps but there going the other way now

I hadn’t heard of them until now. Had a quick look, seems focused on hydronics.

Have you done it? Not sure it would be worth my time/money. Perhaps for newer guys.

I have mate yes. The only reason I asked was because there was a similar post of Facebook in the Heat Geek group from a person I though was called Timmy, after double checking I realised it was someone else.

I have mate yes. The only reason I asked was because there was a similar post of Facebook in the Heat Geek group from a person I though was called Timmy, after double checking I realised it was someone else.
Was the course any good? What level of experience would you rate yourself with before doing the course?

What’s the controls section of the course? Just wiring etc?

I was only ever an oil burner technician, so had very little knowledge, or even experience with the system side of things. The course is good and I learnt a lot from it. It is cleverly thought out and makes you think about things that I certainly never did while servicing burners.
The second part of the course I'm told is going to be a lot harder, although I personally didn't think part 1 was all that hard.

The "controlling your heat source" module was easy in my opinion. It takes you through the various ways of controlling modern day systems with particular concentration on advanced weather compensation and choosing the right curves.

On the whole the course is good and I know a lot more now than I did a year ago but as I mentioned by trade I was just a humble service technician.

This was also one of the reasons for doing it.

What do you mean by the other way?

Yep they’ve gone to a standard water system air to water

Heatgeeks gets slated on another site, stating it’s a bit of a con/rip off and teaching how to suck eggs.

I was only ever an oil burner technician, so had very little knowledge, or even experience with the system side of things. The course is good and I learnt a lot from it. It is cleverly thought out and makes you think about things that I certainly never did while servicing burners.
The second part of the course I'm told is going to be a lot harder, although I personally didn't think part 1 was all that hard.

The "controlling your heat source" module was easy in my opinion. It takes you through the various ways of controlling modern day systems with particular concentration on advanced weather compensation and choosing the right curves.

On the whole the course is good and I know a lot more now than I did a year ago but as I mentioned by trade I was just a humble service technician.
How much is it?

About £700 for the two parts. There was a discount not long ago but couldn't tell if there still is mate.

Only for England 🤬

Reply to Passed my f gas! in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock