Search the forum,

Discuss Part to block off dishwasher pipe under sink in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

(Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong sub-forum - I wasn't sure where to post, so I thought the General Thread would be the safest bet)

I'm hoping to get some advice about a part I need to buy. My ex-husband recently took our dishwasher, but when he disconnected it from under the sink, he left us with a pipe which water drips out of every time we run the sink (pictured here: View: https://*********/a/oMqisnm
). He told us to buy a '3/4" Dishwasher Valve Blank Cap' and that we could just attach this to the exposed pipe. That product arrived today but it is way too big and our pipe doesn't have the type of screw fitting which seems to be associated with the blank cap.

I would be extremely grateful if you could advise which product I need to buy to fix this! We have put together a botched solution using tape, but it's still dripping quite a bit. Thanks so much in advance!

Yellow rubber glove and a zip tie that should sort you out

haha, thanks Shaun. We were hoping that the solution would be that simple (and a similar set-up has helped us through the worst of it), but eventually the build-up of water just breaks through whatever we try, so looking for a more permanent solution :)

The proper solution is the same just a blue bung if you undo the big nut you can swivel the spigot up so no water collects etc

The proper solution is the same just a blue bung if you undo the big nut you can swivel the spigot up so no water collects etc

Ah, brilliant! Thank you so much for this! It was the 'swivelling the spigot' up that we hadn't done, and this has sorted the problem now. Thanks again :)

Ah, brilliant! Thank you so much for this! It was the 'swivelling the spigot' up that we hadn't done, and this has sorted the problem now. Thanks again :)

I would put a finger of a rubber glove over it with a zip tie to save any mishaps

Reply to Part to block off dishwasher pipe under sink in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my dishwasher. I assume the washer may need a replacement. Anyway I cannot for the life of me turn the water off I.e at this cap. I understand I should turn...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Hello I am desperate for some help. Basically we are having our bathroom renovated. The plumber removed the units, including the sink a few days ago and this morning i noticed water dripping from the ceiling below. I went up to the bathroom and saw that one of the pipes (which originaly...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Earlier this year we changed our dishwasher. During the days after the old one had been taken out and before the new one was installed, the loose water pipe was dripping so I put a bucket under it which I emptied each day. The new dishwasher runs fine, but about a day after running it water...
Replies
Views
Morning all, A diy'er here. I'm installing a new kitchen in a room on the opposite side of the house and need run the sink and dishwasher waste under the floor to the opposite side and go out where the existing kitchen is, around 9m. The driveway and garage are outside the wall in the new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock