Search the forum,

Discuss Part P .....20 characters in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Timmy D

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So I’m looking to do Part P.
Who’s done it?
Any advice/recommendations?
Feedback on training centres used?

I’m West London.

Thanks chaps.

Part p is no more bit like ncs for us you now have to do a sparky course

Contributing as a spark some of these courses are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard

Why do you want to do this?

Contributing as a spark some of these courses are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard

Hi Murdoch. Im personally studying electricity in my spare and at my own pace. If I was to look into doing an appropriate course in the future what would you suggest? How long are we looking at for courses and what sort of price?

Hi Murdoch. Im personally studying electricity in my spare and at my own pace. If I was to look into doing an appropriate course in the future what would you suggest? How long are we looking at for courses and what sort of price?

What do you want to do with lecky when you've trained?

I wouldn't want to trade as an electrician. My trade was always oil fired appliances, however I feel its imperative to have a good understanding of electricity as well and would be good to be able to do certain wiring without the need of employing someone else.

Hi Murdoch,

Over the last year, I’ve come to a bit of a standstill in regards to learning. I want to further my knowledge.

I’d like to be able to install fused spurs, add sockets, new lighting, extractor fans etc.

Trying to figure out what courses I need to do.

I’ve done a basic electrical safety and heating controls wiring course. Was a couple of days. Found it pretty easy and enjoyable.

I’ve been reading the NICEIC guide to domestic installation work and 17th edition British standards and on site guide.

So, any advice on the route I should take would be appreciated.

TBH the only way to learn is to work as a mate with a seasoned spark .... but not many will do this because they consider you a threat to their business.

what you will need is competence to design, install test AND fault find, plus the knowledge to provide certificates.

where in the uk are you?

TBH the only way to learn is to work as a mate with a seasoned spark .. but not many will do this because they consider you a threat to their business.

what you will need is competence to design, install test AND fault find, plus the knowledge to provide certificates.

where in the uk are you?

Appreciate the reply and understand what you’ve said.

I’m in West London.

Reply to Part P .....20 characters in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock