Newbie here

Can someone please identify the part in the picture

This is connected to the discharge pipe on our hot water cyclinder

There is a small leak form the black part

Attachments

• 20210126_140740.jpg
    20210126_140740.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 14
Firstly if it's leaking then unless the boiler is nearby and that waste is also being used for the boiler condensate then there shouldn't be any water in the pipe.
It would suggest there's a problem with the unvented hot water cylinder.

Hepvalve or similar, as above.
The black part is a push fit to threaded adapter.
I'd suspect it's the 22mm painted copper pipe that's leaking where it joins the Black plastic, there will be a small reducer in there.

It is an unvented cylinder

The engineer came out and replaced several parts on the cylinder including fitting a new expansion vessel as he said there should not be any water in the pipe

He would not look at this as was not covered by the service

Since new parts fitted does not appear to be leaking but needs to be looked at for piece of mind

Reply to Part identification in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe using compression: https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-compression-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-/58294 If not, please could someone let me know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys What connection goes on to the part floats please? It looks like it should be a compression to me rather than tap connector? I’ll add a pic Cheers
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe. I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a radiator which is unbalanced; I believe due to a missing outer part, please see the attached images. Is the missing part called a Flange? Any advice where I can buy this part? Thank you
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock