Search the forum,

Discuss Part appears to have has come off on our new-ish kitchen tap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

We had a new kitchen mixer tap fitted back in October, it was highly rated on tool station and not a bad price.

I noticed yesterday that the part in between the tap handle and the body (in the photo) seems to have come off or something odd has happened so it’s showing the inside connections of the tap?! It used to be a chrome cover if that makes sense. Sorry I’m rubbish at explaining!

Is this a design flaw of the tap or is there anything that can be done to fix this easily?

Thanks
Sarah

Attachments

• 05C0E069-26F6-4F24-9DFD-A508A13F28C3.jpeg
    05C0E069-26F6-4F24-9DFD-A508A13F28C3.jpeg
    366.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 4D076674-0CEF-4041-AFF0-75D614A2D363.jpeg
    4D076674-0CEF-4041-AFF0-75D614A2D363.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 12
It might just have worked loose (by the look of it). The little cap next to the lever is where the screw should be, if you want to do it remove that cover, push the handle back on and tighten. The grub screw is likely an Allen key type.

Is there an easy way to remove the screw cap without scratching the tap? Also once I remove it, will screwing it tighter move the fixing back to the original thread it has worked itself off of?

Reply to Part appears to have has come off on our new-ish kitchen tap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock