Search the forum,

Discuss Parralell thread end feed fittings in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning all. Just about to install a crosswatwr shower valve and want to connect in the valve with end feed 22mm x 3/4 male. Manual says not to use tapered threads. Cannot find parallel out there that come with end feed.

Any ideas

Thanks

Tapered will be fine just don’t go ott tightening it

As BSPT and BSTT will fit in each other’s female sockets; you will be fine using a tapered thread, just don’t graunch it up too much and measure carefully in case it needs shortening.

Tapered will be fine just don’t go ott tightening it

Is it only compression that do parallel threads? The valve comes with a 15yr warranty so don't really want to mess that up by using tapered.

Anyone used loctite 577. Going to be trying this on my metal to metal fittings from now on.

Yes tapered will be better with 577

Parallel unless tight you have to leave for 24 hours

Attachments

• 16272400389661860655303476583414.jpg
    16272400389661860655303476583414.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 10
It was approved for hot and cold but they pulled it around a year ago I guess because they made a new one

It was approved for hot and cold but they pulled it around a year ago I guess because they made a new one

Correct Shaun. It failed the wras bucket test. Which means they apply it to fittings and drop the fittings in the water and leave for a while. If it tastes a little different, it fails. This failed.

Spoke to a mate couple of weeks ago who swears by 577, especially on rad tails. He's used gallons of the stuff. I got a tube a few days ago to see what it's all about. It is amazing but I was concerned about the not suitable for hot water business above - is that just for potable?
I did a strength test this evening - loctite 577 on a 15mm thread, do up loosely, leave 20 mins to cure, then soak for 5 mins in red hot water out of the kettle, while still hot I could barely get it apart even with a spanner and it was hard work all the way.

Once it cured it won’t come apart easily it’s because they have brought a new product to market and haven’t re done the wras approval for hot water (tbh it’s bs it was approved for all applications don’t get why they can remove it / the application)

The only down side if the threads are a bit loose eg you can put the fitting in by hand you have to let it set and don’t move it

Yep

Reply to Parralell thread end feed fittings in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect with half inch thread on the new bath tap. All the connectors at the main plumb merchants are 22mm x 3/4 inch. No one seems able to answer question...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi guys , I want to install a Mira digital shower, Gravity fed system I have the correct shower, my cylinder is downstairs but I currently have an old type electric shower HOT and COLD fed from the loft on isolators . there's limited space in the attic to get to the tank but it looks like the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to order a flexible pipe to connect this vessel up with. The pressure vessel instructions don't mention the thread size? A 22mm pipe almost fits over the threads so I assume it's 3/4 BSP? Does that sound right? The other end goes to the valve, will a flexi like this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock