Search the forum,

Discuss Pan Waste Connector slightly up hill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The old toilet has been changed for a vanity unit.

There is a soil pipe adapter, very well fitted onto the old cast iron pipe which brings the diameter up to modern standards. This has a deep rubber connector aperture.

The soil pipe attaches about 2cm higher than the toilet outflow which makes it slightly uphill.

When fitted there was a slow leak from the standing water both at the connection to the toilet and at the connection to the adapter.

The toilet connection is unglazed, due to it being a vanity unit style.

I have been advised that upgrading the leaky Viva Slinky-Fit Flexible Pan Connector 200mm to a Macfit Flexible WC Connector Straight 160mm should prevent the leak at the toilet output as the Mac has a much tighter seal there. I am concerned about the connection to the soil pipe adapter.

It is unsuitable to raise the new toilet on a plinth.

Any technical advice?

As the old adage goes sh** rolls down hill. Really needs sorting

Flexiable connectors are never a good idea in my book, is the other one you mentioned a solid connector and yes you can use a plinth.

Flexiable connectors are never a good idea in my book, is the other one you mentioned a solid connector and yes you can use a plinth.
Thank you.
A plinth may ruin the look of the modern system, but may be only way to go.

Flexi connector is due to offset in height and as it is vanity unit. The connector can be observed connecting to both toilet and the soil pipe adaptor before being pushed into place.

A rigid connector may not line up exactly and not sure if I can get one of the correct length to fully insert into the adapter.

Thank you.
A plinth may ruin the look of the modern system, but may be only way to go.

Flexi connector is due to offset in height and as it is vanity unit. The connector can be observed connecting to both toilet and the soil pipe adaptor before being pushed into place.

A rigid connector may not line up exactly and not sure if I can get one of the correct length to fully insert into the adapter.

Whatever you do, it must flow downhill.

Steve it’s a cast iron stack, I think that is usually classed as hassle! However why bodge it? Just do it properly - once.

Going to try plinth 1st.
Measured and 22mm plinth is sufficient to raise toilet outlet above connection to stack.
If this does not work it can be undone without affecting anything else.
Thanks for all the advice.

Photo is toilet lined up on plinth.

15606044561171479269734875039264.jpg

How much of the cast is out the wall ?

Either raise on a plinth or change the outlet height (or buy a WC with a higher outlet)

Reply to Pan Waste Connector slightly up hill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock