Search the forum,

Discuss Pan Waste Connector slightly up hill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The old toilet has been changed for a vanity unit.

There is a soil pipe adapter, very well fitted onto the old cast iron pipe which brings the diameter up to modern standards. This has a deep rubber connector aperture.

The soil pipe attaches about 2cm higher than the toilet outflow which makes it slightly uphill.

When fitted there was a slow leak from the standing water both at the connection to the toilet and at the connection to the adapter.

The toilet connection is unglazed, due to it being a vanity unit style.

I have been advised that upgrading the leaky Viva Slinky-Fit Flexible Pan Connector 200mm to a Macfit Flexible WC Connector Straight 160mm should prevent the leak at the toilet output as the Mac has a much tighter seal there. I am concerned about the connection to the soil pipe adapter.

It is unsuitable to raise the new toilet on a plinth.

Any technical advice?

Flexiable connectors are never a good idea in my book, is the other one you mentioned a solid connector and yes you can use a plinth.

Flexiable connectors are never a good idea in my book, is the other one you mentioned a solid connector and yes you can use a plinth.
Thank you.
A plinth may ruin the look of the modern system, but may be only way to go.

Flexi connector is due to offset in height and as it is vanity unit. The connector can be observed connecting to both toilet and the soil pipe adaptor before being pushed into place.

A rigid connector may not line up exactly and not sure if I can get one of the correct length to fully insert into the adapter.

Thank you.
A plinth may ruin the look of the modern system, but may be only way to go.

Flexi connector is due to offset in height and as it is vanity unit. The connector can be observed connecting to both toilet and the soil pipe adaptor before being pushed into place.

A rigid connector may not line up exactly and not sure if I can get one of the correct length to fully insert into the adapter.

Whatever you do, it must flow downhill.

Going to try plinth 1st.
Measured and 22mm plinth is sufficient to raise toilet outlet above connection to stack.
If this does not work it can be undone without affecting anything else.
Thanks for all the advice.

Photo is toilet lined up on plinth.

15606044561171479269734875039264.jpg

How much of the cast is out the wall ?

Reply to Pan Waste Connector slightly up hill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating. Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a separate issue), it leaks from somewhere at the back. I can't tell where it's from but can tell for sure it's not from the water inlet or the toilet side...
Replies
Views
I have a pneumatic concealed cistern behind a removable vanity panel. I pulled the panel off to investigate a dull knocking noise when the cistern is coming to nearly full, I haven't ascertained what this might be as yet, I wondered if it was the cold water pipes knocking (as in water hammer)...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’ve got a close coupled toilet wher the waste come out of the back of the toilet then it’s a 90 degree bend to the right where it goes off through the wall. However with the 90 degree pan connector pushed into my soil pipe, the pan connector end isn’t long enough to reach the back of...
Replies
Views
Installing a new toilet in a small cloakroom. The previous toilet was connected to the waste through a 5" plastic fitting that is attached (cemented) into the 4" soil pipe below. I can't seem to find any adapter or pan connector that will fit this ancient fitting - any advice? Or should I just...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock