Search the forum,

Discuss Oxypic causing high pressure? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all! We had low pressure in our Potterton boiler (gas) and the guy who serviced it recommended to try Oxypic. We did that last weekend and re-filled the water making sure it was turned off. However the water has started to increase and now it’s in the red (too high pressure). Any idea what’s going on? Thanks!

A sealer is never a good idea or just a temporary measure and that was your plumbers suggestion to resolving your low pressure issues?
Yes, he said in his experience it solved 70% of low pressure issues and so if it didn’t solve it we’d have to look for the leak, but based on the age of the house (1920s), he expected the sealer should do the job

Yes, he said in his experience it solved 70% of low pressure issues and so if it didn’t solve it we’d have to look for the leak, but based on the age of the house (1920s), he expected the sealer should do the job
Just to add, I’ve notice the pressure gauge dropping back to normal levels when the heating has shut off? Could it be that it goes in the red when the heating is on, and back normal range when heating is off and it’s ok?

Reply to Oxypic causing high pressure? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock