Search the forum,

Discuss Overpriced OFTEC training course.... in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking to renew my certs. Noticed there is now an OFTEC training place in Aberdeen near me.
dropped them a note asking about availability and price of the 3 day course...

£1150... plus vat.

HOW MUCH !!!

Madness......

A training centre near to me allows the theory side to be done at home and just attend for the exams. Not sure on prices though as I'm not working right now and haven't sat the course in over ten years.

Taking on more install work so are going to go back through it all. Won free access to EOGB online training (not had time to look at it yet).

Will probably go back to NGST up at Cramlington to do the oftec and unvented.

Cant wait ☹

Looking round and normal fee seems to be £650 or thereabouts.
I see WB do a 2 day renewal for £250... which is pretty good Value. Shame it’s so far from me.
So I could fly down, stay in a hotel, and fly home, and it would still be half the price that bunch in Aberdeen want to charge.

Looking round and normal fee seems to be £650 or thereabouts.
I see WB do a 2 day renewal for £250... which is pretty good Value. Shame it’s so far from me.
So I could fly down, stay in a hotel, and fly home, and it would still be half the price that bunch in Aberdeen want to charge.

That's pretty good. Whereabouts is it?

Private training companies charge whatever the market will bear. My guess is that Aberdeen's oil industry provides a nice stream of offshore workers willing to pay top dollar for training that will let them escape.

Give them a call and see if you can negotiate a reduction on the advertised price. Like everyone else, they'll have fixed costs to cover and if they have a spare place you can fill at short notice you may be lucky.

Reply to Overpriced OFTEC training course.... in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock