Search the forum,

Discuss Overflow likely source? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a constant overflow coming from the main tank in the loft. It builds from a trickle to a pour. The isolation valve on stopcock is off. The expansion from immersion heater hangs over the tank, but is dry. This tank is highest in loft, so only source must be mains coming back up through the bottom of the tank. Any ideas?

Have had iso valves in the off postion let water bye. What sort of valve is it, wheeled gate valve, lever turn valve and how old if known.

Have had iso valves in the off postion let water bye. What sort of valve is it, wheeled gate valve, lever turn valve and how old if known.
It's only a small 15mm screwdriver turn valve, but I can confirm no water is getting in that way. Not a drip from the ballcock while tank level is still rising. It must be coming up the downpipes, and it must be coming in at mains pressure. Could a mixer tap or washing machine be passing from cold mains to hot gravity?

Reply to Overflow likely source? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
My cistern kept overflowing randomly was told it was probably caused by the bottom filling valve failing I purchased one and a plumber fitted it and tested it and all seemed well, we where away for a couple of weeks and came back and there was no evidence that it had been overflowing but after...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
W
Hi all. So I have an OSO Super SXD 180 immersion heater and it is pouring a huge amount of water out of the cold water pressure relief valve regardless of whether the tank is heating or not. We're talking litres a minute currently. I have replaced the valve which changed nothing. I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock