Search the forum,

Discuss Over-pressure on CH, but expansion tanks fine and related to unvented tank in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Not looking to fix this myself but could do with some insight as to what’s wrong…due to sell the house on a few weeks and not comfortable doing that without this being fixed.

CH pressure getting up to 4-5 bar and pressure relaxing through the 3 bar pressure relief valve. Connected to unvented tank.

Both expansion tanks (tank and CH) correctly pressurised and replaced earlier this year.
When I isolate the mains feed to the unvented tank, the pressure in the CH system drops back to 1.5 bar.

Filling loop disconnected during all this time. How is the CH system seeing this pressure?

am I likely to need a new tank or is it a valve issue?

Like I say, I won’t be doing it myself, just need to get it fixed.

Thanks.

Reply to Over-pressure on CH, but expansion tanks fine and related to unvented tank in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock