Search the forum,

Discuss Outside Tap,Low Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have been in the house now a few years and I want to get the low pressure on the outside Tap sorted out. I thought it was the tap so took it off the pipe and it's not that since the flow from the pipe was low. Water pressure in the house is fine. I have taken a couple of photos to see if you guys can suggest something.

Attachments

• IMG_20200403_150655837.jpg
    IMG_20200403_150655837.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200403_150652654.jpg
    IMG_20200403_150652654.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 29
The majority of those self tapping valves only cut I very small bore. The flow rates through it will be poor at best. As Simon says install properly with copper pipe and double check valves.

How much would this cost to get done by a professional? ( Yorkshire area )
Hard to say. We're talking a tap, double check valve, other fittings, some copper tube to run the water through and some larger-bore tube to sleeve the tube where it passes through the wall, some filler, mortar, and sealant. Nothing massively expensive. Drill the wall (easier or harder depending on what it's made from), filler or cement the larger tube in place, fit the rest of the pipe work.

Main cost is labour, and I would personally be quoting for two hours, because there is always something that isn't quite simple.

But, given the current Covid-19 circumstances, even if I weren't currently stuck abroad, this isn't something I would take on at this present moment.

Last edited:
Hard to say. We're talking a tap, double check valve, other fittings, some copper tube to run the water through and some larger-bore tube to sleeve the tube where it passes through the wall, some filler, mortar, and sealant. Nothing massively expensive. Drill the wall (easier or harder depending on what it's made from), filler or cement the larger tube in place, fit the rest of the pipe work.

Main cost is labour, and I would personally be quoting for two hours, because there is always something that isn't quite simple.

But, given the current Covid-19 circumstances, even if I weren't currently stuck abroad, this isn't something I would take on at this present moment.

Ok thanks for your help guys. Will get it sorted once everyone is back to work.

Seems a little on the cheap side that doesn't it?

I'd say around anything from Ā£80 to Ā£100 plus VAT (If your plumber is VAT registered of course)

Wallplate flange/back plate elbow about a tenner and 1/2" bib tap about a tenner, a service valve Ā£4, double check and a small amount of copper another tenner. So about Ā£35 plus a bit for materials profit = Ā£50

Then two hour's labour on top so I'd want around Ā£130 to do the job. I've just realised you probably think I said I'd do the whole job for Ā£50? That's just the materials cost.

I didn't take VAT into account though as we don't have any sales taxes in Guernsey. Of course prices will vary based upon location.

Wallplate flange/back plate elbow about a tenner and 1/2" bib tap about a tenner, a service valve Ā£4, double check and a small amount of copper another tenner. So about Ā£35 plus a bit for materials profit = Ā£50

Then two hour's labour on top so I'd want around Ā£130 to do the job. I've just realised you probably think I said I'd do the whole job for Ā£50? That's just the materials cost.

I didn't take VAT into account though as we don't have any sales taxes in Guernsey. Of course prices will vary based upon location.
Yes your post sounded like Ā£50 for the whole job šŸ˜‚

Reply to Outside Tap,Low Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock