Search the forum,

Discuss Outside Tap come apart from pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zee

I have an outside tap that is connected via a pipe from under my kitchen sink through the wall to the garden side, the pipe that connects into the tap is copper with a platic grey corrogated coat on it, the other morning I came downstairs and the grey corrogated pipe has come away from the tap, so where the pipe should connect to the tap at the top instead water is spurting out of the tap. I can push the pipe back into the top of the tap but its just a bit of copper pipe poking out of the corrogated grey jacket and I cant seem to work out how it was held into the tap before it broke! It pushes in the tap connecting hole and then you can just slide it out again :| I need to know what to buy so I can reconnect and fix the pipe back into the top of the tap :) Please help.

Sounds like a DIY kit from one of the sheds really would advise you to get a plumber in to do it properly!

[DLMURL]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6115039/2/istockphoto_6115039-outside-tap-running-water.jpg[/DLMURL]

That is the set up I have and its the blue pipe that has come away from the tap itself, I can get someone in to do it but not for a few days, and without it being fixed I cant use my washing machine :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you may need to undo the compression nut and replace the olive a really quick job for a plumber try to find a local one though as the 1hr response ones will charge silly money where about in the country do u live?

I'd get someone to also fit an inside isolator tap on it.

This winter I've been called out a few time because of this and could've been easily solved by putting an isolator on it and opening the tap to drain excess water out.

Even if it had still leaked its no longer an emergency because you can turn it off.

In the Spring and Summer I fit loads of outside taps, and always fit proper pipe work, insulation and an isolating valve inside the property to which I attach a card advising for it to be switched off and drained in cold weather.
Please NEVER use a diy kit as they are connected outside to the tap with a washing machine hose which deteriorates under UV light from the sun. I hate diy, get it done properly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside Tap come apart from pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock