Search the forum,

Discuss outside drain cock..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

Hello all,

I like the idea of an outside drain cock, I am in the process of putting one in.

The reason is we're having flash wooden floor laid and access to any pipes will soon be a distant memory. I've also had to move the stopcock but thats a different nightmare.

So after an hour of playing with my Makita I've eventually got through my engineers bricks....... put through a 22mm plastic pipe, inside which is a 15mm piece of copper with a drain cock (the good type).

My question is insulation.

The drain cock goes through an insulated wall and will of course be insulated under the floor board, do I need to insulate between the copper and the plastic tube with anything. There is practically no room and my theory is that it is not exposed to the elements. But I am a little paranoid!

bit of overkill there secret
the 15mm wld have been fine with the draincock as it exits mines been there 25yrs but as you have done it maybe expanding foam between the 22mm and 15 to seal it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to outside drain cock..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock