Search the forum,

Discuss outhouse utility room conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill

im converting an out house into a utility room. their is already a drain for sewage as theres a working toilet in there. we want a washer in there. plumbing in the washer is easy really. going too draw off the water form the toilet supply pipe as theres good pressure and flow so the tricky bit is how do i convert the old cast iron soil pipe from the wc so i can drain off from the washer into it? someone did suggest that i can just drain the washer water outside on to gravel but i figured this sounds somewhat dodgy as the waste water would be full of chemical from soaps and detergents. any advise would be good cheers. also i do think this outhouse used to be a utility room or someone has tried as along with light theres recently tested electrics in there eg sockets and trips etc.

Cast%20Iron%20Soil%20Strap%20on%20Boss%20TX4092.jpg
Cast iron soil pipe boss

I don't personally like connecting to cast so I would replace all of part of the stack with plastic and use a boss or a stap on boss onto plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to outhouse utility room conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My landlord's great at getting all the Scottish government funding that's going, and there's full insulation, double glazing, an airsource heat pump and a Mitsubishi Ecodan unit. The Mitsubishi installation manual says in big letters "The cylinder unit MUST be located indoors and in a frost free...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the hookups for the washing machine box, but I want to add a sink as well. So I need some help with running the drain pipe mostly to make sure it is...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock