Search the forum,

Discuss Outdoor garden tap not working in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Our outdoor garden taps do not work, to be fair we haven't used in years, but would like to start using it for gardening projects. No water comes out of the tap at all. How can I switch it on, our mains is on as we have running water inside the house
Thanks

Does the valve inside the house feeding outside tap have a handle on it? Could have turned the handle but not the valve. Take off handle and check.
Could be a double check valve tap. Prone to going the journey. Take the hose spout off and if you see something plastic inside then poke a screwdriver in it.

Does the valve inside the house feeding outside tap have a handle on it? Could have turned the handle but not the valve. Take off handle and check.
Could be a double check valve tap. Prone to going the journey. Take the hose spout off and if you see something plastic inside then poke a screwdriver in it.

The issue, is I am not too sure about where the valve is inside the house, what would it look like?
[automerge]1588837319[/automerge]
Were your outside taps working before?
Yes a long while ago

Reply to Outdoor garden tap not working in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock