Search the forum,

Discuss Outdoor Garden Tap Fitting - St Helens, Merseyside. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AJStott

Looking for the cheapest quote possible to have an outside tap fitted.

The kitchen sink is next to the outside wall where the tap will be placed, so not much of a big job! Just a hole drilling right through etc.

If you provide the fittings, thats no problem.. but I can get all the kit for £10 so please keep this as low as possible.

Area: St Helens, Eccleston.

Get a handy man, not a plumber then and remember

if you think a professional is expensive, wait till you hire an amateur !!!!

All the kit. . .? £10
hose tap, through wall backplate, short piece of 15mm copper, few elbows, service valve, 15mm compression tee ( if the waters passing) .
if you can get all that for a tenner , I will have 100 of them please!

All the kit. . .? £10
hose tap, through wall backplate, short piece of 15mm copper, few elbows, service valve, 15mm compression tee ( if the waters passing) .

maybe a drain off and a double check valve!!!

All the kit. . .? £10
A bit of a worry that you did not include the double check Chalked !!! LOL (Water Regs course ??)

keep this as low as possible? boils my blood, wait the now and ill swing round and do it for the fun of it.

be easy guys, doesn't take 5mins to fit this up. It's more of a handyman job I guess, I'd just rather someone qualified to fiddle with the pipes as the landlord may have a problem.

Heres one of the kits:
tapkit.jpg

if there no good then feel free to recommend something else, but its only human to try and save a little money, just as it is with making money : ).

Lol, what a total waste of finger movement. If you're so hard up, fit it yourself, you'll do as good a job as any idiot willing to work for you.

Don't know what it is (probably me being silly) but the expressions "it's no big job or similar like "it's just a quick job" really annoy me.
It's like people add that so you make it cheaper or doubt your prices and ability.

I don't believe you lot. Somebody offering work and you all poo poo it. I'll do it for £80 and you provide that pony tap kit thing.

be easy guys, doesn't take 5mins to fit this up. It's more of a handyman job I guess, I'd just rather someone qualified to fiddle with the pipes as the landlord may have a problem.

Heres one of the kits:
View attachment 17815

if there no good then feel free to recommend something else, but its only human to try and save a little money, just as it is with making money : ).

Plumbers cant fit those as they are non compliant. Just wrong on so many levels.
They are sold as a diy kit for diy use only........

The self tapping tap cuts a 6mm hole in the pipe ensuring you only ever get a dribble out the hose....

You will regret your choice bigtime and have to pay someone to do it proper a second time.

Ive never botherd to look at these kits ....what a mess and must take up lots of room plus no sleeve there or a check valve.

If I was you mate id do it myself. If I got round someones house and they showed me that gear id walk away with me eyebrows raised......

I had some tnt tell me "it won't take you 5 minutes" he was wrong, it took 15 but it was still 60 notes.

They must have been a bit naffed Chris, I usually find people who buy the stuff first are after it done cheap so £60 must of been a shock ...well played sir :)

So there is your advice. A proper plumber will not use a DIY kit for multiple reasons and will not do it for pennies

You can get a basin tap for £20 but you wont see me supplying and fitting as I don't have the time for calling back to it once every 6 months

The job you need doing is not a bank breaker due to the location of your water pipe. Get a plumber round and pay his labour charge and parts and be happy you have supported a small business and will have a hassle free outside tap.

Let's turn this one back round. What price do you consider a fair price for someone who has to pay to run a van, insure his business, supply all tools required, cover his holiday pay, sick pay, pension, stock and all the other bits that go with running a business? Bearing in mind that the '5 minute job' (yet to have one of them to be honest) is going to be an hour of the plumbers time by the time he travels to you and back to his home/on to his next job?

Also, in all seriousness, the customer who tells me that it's a '5 minute job' or it's a straightforward job gets a price that's at least 25% higher than other customers. Those phrases don't achieve the desired effect, they just wind tradespeople up, as you may have noticed!!

Last edited:
From memory
the last outside tap we fitted just 5 minutes from our own house we charged £95 to supply & fit.
So I recommend budget for around £100 and get local plumbers to quote.
Otherwise ust use hose pipe connected to kitchen taps or watering can when you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outdoor Garden Tap Fitting - St Helens, Merseyside. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock