Search the forum,

Discuss Our Government UK Taxes and of course Brexit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Lets decide:mad:

Our government is full of people who only want to stay in politics they have no interest in the country just keeping their jobs.

UK taxes are a joke the working man pays 20% whilst Amazon pay less than 1% and the government are scared to make the pay just in case they leave (I'm pretty sure my local market sells cheap imported tat so they can take there place)

Brexit will never happen. Parliament dont want it to happen so us mere workers will just have to do what they want.

Our government is full of people who only want to stay in politics they have no interest in the country just keeping their jobs.

UK taxes are a joke the working man pays 20% whilst Amazon pay less than 1% and the government are scared to make the pay just in case they leave (I'm pretty sure my local market sells cheap imported tat so they can take there place)

Brexit will never happen. Parliament dont want it to happen so us mere workers will just have to do what they want.

It's not the UK government that allow Amazon and other multinationals to pay so little tax its international law. Companies like Amazon have holdings companies in low tax regions the siphon off profits from the UK business using licensing and management fees. American companies especially do this because any profits taken beck to the the US are taxed no matter what has already been paid on them. Facebook etc have billions sat in Irish and other low tax nations banks propping up their economies because it better then taking it home.

There was some effort recently to tax companies that make the majority of their profit online, which is great but it would also hit Agness who scrapes a living crocheting tea pot covers just as hard.

I get paid by Google from Ireland. They've always dodged taxes.

As for this thread, please please keep it civil. As with Lou's brexit and your business thread.

Having a go on a plumbing forum about politicians that are never going to read it just wont do anything except get you all fired up.

So be civil, professional, and really really polite. Extra polite. Way more than normal.

We're watching you. Der der der der der der der der (what's that spooky tune? that was that)

Where does it say this?
I get invoices from Google for adwords and the charge me VAT at 0%. Their VAT number is IE6388047V. They are actually VAT registered in Ireland but it has the same effect.

If they were not VAT registered they could not claim any VAT back but being 0% Vat registered means the do not have to pay any tax authority any vat, but they can reclaim any vat they pay. Double win for Google.

Google are registered in the UK for VAT at 0%. They can claim VAT back from anything they buy from VAT registered companies in the UK at 20% whilst paying over no VAT themselves.

Not sure where you’ve got that from, in the vast majority of situations (all?) VAT is reclaimed by companies but charged on their products.

Within the EU reciprocal VAT arrangements exist where VAT is paid to the nation/state in which the company you buy from is registered. So if you buy from a company registered in Germany you pay VAT in Germany. If you buy from google you generally pay 24% VAT because that’s what’s charged in Ireland where they are registered.
[automerge]1568125624[/automerge]
I get invoices from Google for adwords and the charge me VAT at 0%. Their VAT number is IE6388047V. They are actually VAT registered in Ireland but it has the same effect.

If they were not VAT registered they could not claim any VAT back but being 0% Vat registered means the do not have to pay any tax authority any vat, but they can reclaim any vat they pay. Double win for Google.
AddWords come under the revers VAT charge back system. You are viewed as both the supplier and purchaser. You need to speak to your accountant about it because you owe HMRC money if you haven’t been paying.

At the end of the day, anybody whom is unhappy about the way any company trades has the ultimate sanction at their disposal...just do not buy anything from them. Its right in ft of them every time they press the little buy it button. Buy British ...but maybe French wine
centralheatking

There was some effort recently to tax companies that make the majority of their profit online, which is great but it would also hit Agness who scrapes a living crocheting tea pot covers just as hard.

There is, it's called the GAFA tax (Google, Apple, etc) for those US internet multinationals with revenues over a certain amount that the French have just introduced. Of course once the UK becomes a vassal state to the U.S there is little chance of UK following suit. :)

There is, it's called the GAFA tax (Google, Apple, etc) for those US internet multinationals with revenues over a certain amount that the French have just introduced. Of course once the UK becomes a vassal state to the U.S there is little chance of UK following suit. :)

Ultimately I think most fellas on here are self employed ..I have been since 1980...our mission is as always whatever or who ever is in charge
just carry on make a decent profit ...I have done several serious recessions and some property black holes. Carry on head down
is my advice. all my pals are doing the same and whatever we will still be there after whatever and making money as usual
centralheatking...last post on this one rather help people with problems

Tune is the twilight zone @Dan

It’ll be interesting to see if there were a hard Brexit. A lot of those currently working here in trades may be forced to leave. Curios to see what happens to labour rates with supply and demand.

Reply to Our Government UK Taxes and of course Brexit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock