Search the forum,

Discuss Orkli VZ-2V valve.I can't find info. on this.(normally closed?-Wiring?) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Fault seems to be an Orkli VZ-2V in a log burner/buffer tank system.The valve is difficult to access & I can't find info.Is this a 'normally closed'valve(open when powered)?Does switch send 230v from grey wire to orange at end of run?

I've not heard of an Orkli but Google is proving to be useless at finding a wiring schematic. How many wires does it have? What feeds what wires and where is it installed in the system? Usually on solid fuel they will be normally open.

Edit: I have found a product page but again struggling to find a wiring diagram. You might be best contacting them direct with your query

Last edited:
not enough numbers i presume it is 2 port heads are easily changed it should be standard 2 port wiring

If it's on solid fuel it should be a normally closed, powered open. In the event of power cut or cylinder satisfied it closes to protect cylinder.

Bobbi,

Using your notation:

Assumimg it is a two port valve:

Normally closed - open when powered.

Orange to Grey is a microswitch which is open when the valve is closed. The voltage across the microswitch can be low volt or 240v depending upon the circuit that the switch is controlling.

For solid fuel the micro switch may not be used, with the control being through a thermostat to the motor feed at 240v, to open and hold the valve.

We must remember that these valves come in normally open and normally closed, both of which can be purchased for low voltage systems ie 24v as well. I'm aware of normally open valves and I'm told they're wired just the same as normally closed by Honeywell but I've never been able to find a wiring diagram or schematic.

Reply to Orkli VZ-2V valve.I can't find info. on this.(normally closed?-Wiring?) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock