Search the forum,

Discuss Original or pattern mixer tap cartridge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original Newform cartridge part no. 14720 ranges from £40 to 60 euros. What looks like a pattern part from Ownace is only £7.99. Can anyone advise if the pattern part is "likely" to be OK or do I need to pay the extortionate price to be certain of quality?
Steve (DIY home owner, not professional!)

I only fit genuine parts myself mate. So this one is not for me. But someone should be along to guide you in the correct direction.

If you can find a technical drawing of the Ownace, and match it EXACTLY to the OEM part, for £7.99 I'd have though its worth a punt. If it fails in a short time you've not lost much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Original or pattern mixer tap cartridge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
Hello good people. I am trying to remove a cartridge from a Cooke and Lewis Berrow single lever mixer tap. I have removed the lever and the shroud which was a push fit not a threaded one. There is no securing nut to release the cartridge. Never seen this before. The cartridge must be held in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm having problems with an old kitchen mixer tap.......the cold side is dripping from spout so I attempted to remove the brass cartridge to change rubber washers but for some reason after fully unscrewing it doesn't want to come out. Maybe something simple stopping it but I didn't...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock