Search the forum,

Discuss Options for Soil Pipe/Toilet fitting that conceals the pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Dave S

Options needed for Soil Pipe/Toilet fitting.

Hi Everyone. - I'm planning a bathroom remodel, and my wife would like a solution that covers the soil pipe up if possible. However, the toilet pipe sticks out from the wall 23cm, and raises from the floor to the mid point of the pipe 21cm. The current toilet is on a plinth. Most of the toilets i've found online have at max a 185mm outlet pipe, so would need a plinth to reach 210mm, but would still have the soil pipe sticking out quite a ways.

Thoughts on options? The soil pipe is cast iron, should I cut into it to lower it down and make it closer to the wall? I have a photo but not sure how to post it as I don't see an add photo button on here

Very hard to determine what you can and can't do.

You will have to access the cast pie in the wall and see if you can lower it.
If you can lower it, convert it to plastic and stick that out of the wall.

Don't scrimp on the fall of the waste pipe too much -it will come back to bite you

Reply to Options for Soil Pipe/Toilet fitting that conceals the pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock