Search the forum,

Discuss Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

This.... The pipe work and rads are old .ONly the boiler and its protection filter was new . The system was flushed and chemicals added .

NOT according to vaillant .If they had been called out a year after the original install .Vaillant say they would not allow the warrantee due to the boiler not been correctly fitted .Guys...its clearly stated that unless the filter is fitted correctly NO warrantee will be in place .why is this issue still been debated .The facts have been presented . He has had 2 years use .But unknown wear and tear that he paid NOT to have .
You started the debate we are only giving you our professional opinion and what's happened from previous experiences, I agree with you as I said in my first post it must be fitted to the manufacturers instructions, but mistakes are made corners are cut , we pick up the pieces and sort it out are there any gas issues under sized pipework , flue not fitted correctly ? That sort of thing ? You may well be able to get Gas Safe involved ? but it must break the gas regulations poor workmanship is not enough . Kop

The only thing with this is vaillant instructions say fit on return, but it is made by spirovent/trap who’s instructions say fit on return or flow if you can’t. i Know you have to follow Vaillant s instructions for warranty.

The only thing with this is vaillant instructions say fit on return, but it is made by spirovent/trap who’s instructions say fit on return or flow if you can’t. i Know you have to follow Vaillant s instructions for warranty.
True.... But This company sure wont just put their hands up when they are wrong .The actual term they used is "The filter has now been put on the preferred (Return) pipe .Rather than "on the correct pipe" !!

And? they’ve moved it move on are you the customer ?

True.... But This company sure wont just put their hands up when they are wrong .The actual term they used is "The filter has now been put on the preferred (Return) pipe .Rather than "on the correct pipe" !!
At this point you need to put up or shut up, i.e. either sue the installers for whatever damages you feel entitled to or get over it and move on.

As someone with some experience of technical disputes I would recommend the second course of action. As lawyers are fond of saying, a bad settlement is better than a good case. Your case is weak unless you commission an expert report that quantifies your hypothetical damage to the heat exchanger. Such a report, assuming you can find someone willing to do the work, will cost considerably more than just replacing the HX on spec. Keep in mind that there's no guarantee that you'll get the costs involved back even if you end up winning the case.

At this point you need to put up or shut up, i.e. either sue the installers for whatever damages you feel entitled to or get over it and move on.

As someone with some experience of technical disputes I would recommend the second course of action. As lawyers are fond of saying, a bad settlement is better than a good case. Your case is weak unless you commission an expert report that quantifies your hypothetical damage to the heat exchanger. Such a report, assuming you can find someone willing to do the work, will cost considerably more than just replacing the HX on spec. Keep in mind that there's no guarantee that you'll get the costs involved back even if you end up winning the case.
Like I have said...We await Vaillants decision . If they say they are happy to put a warrantee in place as there has been no warrantee in place legally (This is not open to debate its all in their terms ) Then fine . If they say there is an issue then we put all the cards on the table to The heating company and take it across social media if they dont want to step up and make amends . Something the new American owners of the company might not like ! And make people aware and check their installs to see if they have the same issue .As according to a "manager" its very routine to fit them on the flow of Vaillants . I have seen companies act far quicker when a issue is "Made public" than going down the legal path .

Vaillant have confirmed that they will honour the original 10 year warrantee . We will just now see if we can get the heating company to cover the exact period of time the boiler was not fully protected after the warrantee period has finished. This then means The company is confident their mistake wont have affected the boiler . .

Why you have 10 years since the boiler was installed eg 8 years left

Are not Vaillant admitting in a way then that it doesn't matter where the Mag filter is installed?, if the mistake was discovered say 5 years into the warranty period wonder would they still cover the remainder as long as it was changed to the boiler return.

Are not Vaillant admitting in a way then that it doesn't matter where the Mag filter is installed?, if the mistake was discovered say 5 years into the warranty period wonder would they still cover the remainder as long as it was changed to the boiler return.
Exactly..... Complete joke with whats stated in their terms etc . Might be wrong but could be they dont want to fall out with a huge customer based in a part of LOndon that forms part of their name :)

Vaillant have confirmed that they will honour the original 10 year warrantee . We will just now see if we can get the heating company to cover the exact period of time the boiler was not fully protected after the warrantee period has finished. This then means The company is confident their mistake wont have affected the boiler . .
Pretty much what I said then 😉

Pretty much what I said then 😉
Yep...But shocked Vaillant never binned the warrantee . They could . Would teach people to take care with their work . Imagine you buy a new Ferrari and after 1 year you had "back of the arches Jimmy" do a load of work. Would you think Ferrari would say it would not affect the warrantee etc ? ! But through this event, I got to see the true earning of one of their "engineers" . Not a bad income :)

The radiator heating temperature for a contemporary combi boiler should be adjusted for a flow temperature of between 60 and 70°C. If any greater than this, the boiler won't operate at its most effective efficiency and performance level and enter condensing mode.

Reply to Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Friend has there boiler install company do the annual service exactly 3 years this week of them carrying out the install etc .The engineer told her that she needs a filter and it would roughly be £200 fitted (No issues there) .But was it not a requirement 3 years ago for all Vailants to have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer & Vaillant engineer say one thing, whilst the SGN engineer says another. I do not know how to proceed and would value some informed advice. The rock...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock