Search the forum,

Discuss opinions on this install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gasmanT

New install in a member of my familys house by a 'Friend?' baxi combi. .

The condense has been left running into a bucket on the side until after crimbo.

The blow off has not been done at all so would empty onto the kitchen worktop .

And most important. The vertical flue termination should be 1m from an openable window but is only 270mm from the bathroom opener. The fitter told the home owner that they should not open there bathroom window until they return to lengthen the flue to above the eaves .
None of the benchmark has been filled out and it will be like this for 2 to 3 weeks .

The company are gas safe but I couldnt find the particular fitter who came to this property on there list of engineers on gs website .are these usually up to date ?

Many thanks

New install in a member of my familys house by a 'Friend?' baxi combi. .

The condense has been left running into a bucket on the side until after crimbo.

The blow off has not been done at all so would empty onto the kitchen worktop .

And most important. The vertical flue termination should be 1m from an openable window but is only 270mm from the bathroom opener. The fitter told the home owner that they should not open there bathroom window until they return to lengthen the flue to above the eaves .
None of the benchmark has been filled out and it will be like this for 2 to 3 weeks .

The company are gas safe but I couldnt find the particular fitter who came to this property on there list of engineers on gs website .are these usually up to date ?

Many thanks

Has the benchmark been filled out? Is his name on any paperwork left after the install?

rules are quite clear on this!! "an appliance shouldn't be left on if uncommisioned" report it to Gas Safe!!

No paperwork at all .I have tried to look for this particular engineer on gs website . The company he works for is on there but he is not on the list of engineers ? Are these always up to date ?

Do not use the boiler. If the installers are that cowboy you don't know what else could be up with the install.

Call Gas Safe ASAP.

No names on paperwork gas safe will do diddly squat. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. Merry Christmas!

Pretty sure they'd have a look at the installation etc if he has the company name.

I'm sure he has a quote etc and i'm sure the company won't relinquish their boiler and materials so easily as to deny responsibility. He should still ring gas safe.

Is it worth reporting then , ? And are the companys list of engineers on gs website up to date

easy to cut the boiler off for xmas untill they return to finish. might have thought ok if you dont open window as advised as it will keep you going!
its wrong though, just dont use it?

have you paid them?
could always come tommorrow to finish, why not?

Is it immediately dangerous? If so get bum Safe on the blower.... if not would they prefer no heating and hot water till after Christmas?
Conny into a bucket till a couple of days after IMHO isn't the worst sin the world, a safety valve yeah, nice to be piped to outside till commissioned but if it came to leaving a family without basic heating and hot water then I'd have to think about it.

The company are gas safe but I couldn't find the particular fitter who came to this property on there list of engineers on gs website .are these usually up to date ?

Many thanks

You get the new card number over the phone when you notify change of company, I've recently done that.

The details don't appear listed under the company straight away, but checking the card number online seems to work immediately.

But the card number in this case doesn't appear to be available.

called at this house last year and eon installed boiler with condense into a bucket under boiler. said they would call back to finish.

been like it for18 months ago despite several calls!!!!

Sounds like he's not qualified / registered. The pictures always appear and are more upto date than card.

Ask him on return to see card... No card = report him. Get a photo of him working on boiler.

called at this house last year and eon installed boiler with condense into a bucket under boiler. said they would call back to finish.

been like it for18 months ago despite several calls!!!!

This is shameful, but i admit that at 7pm i have got the family heating&hot water then left it running till completion the next day rather than leave them freezing till the next day..
No completion within a few days, without exceptional circumstances is terrible.

gasmanT any company can limit what is seen on the website, and a lot don't show their engineers, there's no requirement to do it, if a customer wants to check an individuals quals then they do it by using the licence number of the person, not the company reg number

have you actually seen the guys GAS Safe ID card . he could be falsely using somebody elses registration details. if your are concerned as to the safety of the boiler then turn off the boiler/appliance call Gas safe they will come and view the installation and give you report on how safe it is. but my guessing is you will call gas safe but not turn off the appliance because that would be silly wouldnt it

Taffy are you trying to get your post count up by any chance matey??

Taffy are you trying to get your post count up by any chance matey??
If he was he would do what others do
#1 Answer the post question
#2 1 minute later add something to post #1 rather than use the edit button.

Is it worth reporting then , ? And are the companys list of engineers on gs website up to date

Hes put your friends or family in danger you shouldnt have asked on here if you should report it you should have picked the phone up straight away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to opinions on this install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone could advise regarding the regulations around flue terminations through a 'fake' window. We have a mixed-use development with a ground floor commercial unit and residential above. To keep with the style, a 'fake' window has been installed to the rear of the...
Replies
Views
Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it needs to be removed. They're a few videos that supposedly explain how to do it, but none for countertop dishwashers. I only saw one mention what you...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock