Search the forum,

Discuss opinions on this incompleted install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gasmanT

Opinions on new install baxi combi .this is how it was left

Things left until after crimbo (3week s)
The condense left ran into a bucket on the kithen side
The blow off not installed
The vertical flue should be 1m away from an openable window but is only 270mm away from the openable bathroom window. The installer knew this and told the homeowner not to open there bathroom window until they returned to lengthen the flue to above the eaves .
The benchmark not filled out .

Is this acceptable ?

Not even close. Uncommissioned appliances are not permitted to be connected to the gas installation. If it couldn't be commissioned, it shouldn't be gassed up

Doesn't sound like it will ever be acceptable. Vertical flue is to be extended over eaves? Seeing as it's already outside and too close to a window, this sounds like an external extension?

Baxi do not permit external use of their flues I'm sorry to say, not even white pipe showin above the roof slate if the vert kit isn't correct length

Doesn't sound like it will ever be acceptable. Vertical flue is to be extended over eaves? Seeing as it's already outside and too close to a window, this sounds like an external extension?

Baxi do not permit external use of their flues I'm sorry to say, not even white pipe showin above the roof slate if the vert kit isn't correct length
Cant speak for Baxi but some have plume kits now for specificaly extending vertically past eaves.

But that boiler should not be on. What happens when one of the many party guests over christmas opens the bathroom window and takes thd bucket to put the ice and beer in?

how Is the vert flue not above the eaves is it not penetrating the roof? Or is it penetrating a roof below another roofs eaves. Is the bathroom window a velux? Missed the vert flue bit in original post but now confused. However regardless we all know the boiler should not have been commissioned untill the install was complete.

how Is the vert flue not above the eaves is it not penetrating the roof? Or is it penetrating a roof below another roofs eaves. Is the bathroom window a velux? Missed the vert flue bit in original post but now confused. However regardless we all know the boiler should not have been commissioned untill the install was complete.

Sounds like the flue comes out the roof on a part of the house that is single story so possibly why the flue outlet is close to bathroom window on first floor.(that's how I read the installation but could be wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to opinions on this incompleted install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock